Friday 12 December 2008

Froch set to face Taylor

After Joe Calzaghe laughed off the prospect of fighting Carl Froch, the new WBC super-middleweight champion looks set to face the American Jermain Taylor.

 Both fighters are currently in talks with the main stumbling block being the location of the bout, either in the States or here in Britain.

 Froch’s promoer Mick Hennessey told the BBC: "It's a fight that me and Carl have always wanted. I was pleased to get a call off Taylor's promoter, Lou DiBella. He said to me he just wanted to go on record that he is ready to make the fight."

 Froch added: "I've had my heart set on Jermain Taylor because he beat Jeff Lacy and I just assumed that was going to be the natural progression for the first defence,"

 

1 comment:

Gareth Alred said...

I enjoyed this short article, and agree that Froch needs this recognition. But what was with him bad-mouthing Joe Calzaghe - he was the stupid one trying to reply to the Welshman's pure facts, especially considering how on the money Joe was.